ABOUT THE REPORT
Energoatom Non-Financial Report (the Report) has been prepared on a voluntary basis and intended for a wide range of the Company’s stakeholders. The Report discloses the Company’s nonfinancial, key financial and operational data for the period from 1 January 20017 through 31 December 2017 and outlines longterm prospects, giving a comprehensive picture of the Company's sustainability activities.
Traditionally, the Company follows an annual reporting cycle: the previous report covering 2016 was published in 2017. For comparability purposes, the Report shows data for 2017 and previous years.
- The Report has been prepared in line with:
- Global Reporting Initiative standards (Core);
- UN Global Compact 10 Principles;
- UN Sustainable Development Goals 2030;
- AA1000 International Stakeholder Engagement Standard (Institute of Social and Ethical Accountability).
STATEMENT OF LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PUBLICATION OF PROJECTION DATA
The Report contains the information on the Company's plans and initiatives for a long and medium term. Projections and forecasts involve risks and uncertainty. The plans are forward-looking and their implementation depends, among other things, on a number of economic, political and legal factors beyond the Company’s control (economic and political situation inside and outside Ukraine, changes in the taxation, environmental and other legislation, etc.). Thus, the actual performance data of future periods can vary from the projections published in this Report.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY
TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
BUSINESS ETHICS AND FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION
DEVELOPMENT OF LOCAL COMMUNITIES
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
In the Report, the words “SE NNEGC Energoatom”, “Energoatom”, “the Company” and “we” have the same meaning and refer to Energoatom and its separate subdivisions within the scope of the Report. The Report covers the data about operations and performance of Energoatom and of separate subdivisions that are included in the consolidated financial indicators of the Company.
AUTOMATION & ENGINEERING
SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL CENTER
EMERGENCY AND TECHNICAL CENTER
REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE IN BRUSSELS
In this Report, there is no significant restatement of indicators and data for previous periods and no changes in the material aspects. If public documents are used, the Company refers to the sources to make the Report reader-friendly.
REPORT PREPARATION PRINCIPLES
- analysis of external environment: review of priority topics, reports and external communications with energy companies in Ukraine and abroad; analysis of media landscape (monitoring of important Energoatom-related topics in print and electronic media); analysis of issues raised by civil society organisations (including environmental NGOs) and sent to the e-mail specified in the Contacts section;
- analysis of internal environment: monitoring of documents regulating different aspects of the Company's operations, interviews with the representatives of the Company’s key subdivisions responsible for sustainable development issues. Calculation, collection and consolidation of economic, social and environmental indicators disclosed in the Report follow GRI principles:
The Company is building an in-house system of non-financial reporting. Structural subdivision responsible for information on each key area of Energoatom’s operations have verified the quality and reliability of information disclosed in the Report (text and figures). Therefore, the Company ensures that data disclosed herein are reliable.
Material for stakeholders
Material for Energoatom
Nuclear, radiation and environmental safety
Environmental footprint minimisation
Nuclear facilities upgrade
Dialogue with stakeholders
Contribution to Ukraine's social and economic development
Compliance with national and international laws
Transparency and accountability
Minimisation of negative environmental implications, the so called heritage of past years, which arose during the construction of NPPs
Competitive salary and social benefits for employees
Professional development of employees
Safe working conditions
Business ethics and fight against corruption
Reliable and safe electricity supply
Improvement of the standards of living in the areas of the Company's presence
Development of local communities
Fight against climate change